Moist Sweet Potato Biscuits
Moist and sweet, these biscuits are a delightful addition to any holiday meal— even breakfast. They don't need butter...but they'll taste even better when you spread some on.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter, sugar and milk; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 184 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Biscuits in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.