Moist and sweet, these biscuits are a delightful addition to any holiday meal— even breakfast. They don't need butter...but they'll taste even better when you spread some on.
Recommended: 45 Breads That Will Inspire You to Bake This Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter, sugar and milk; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Biscuits in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p28