- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; add to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forMoist Pumpkin Bundt Cake
"Fantastic and so easy!"
"Make this cake foe my grandsons BD, his favorite. This year I want to make cupcakes wondering if I need to alter recipe"
"I went to try this recipe and realized instead of buying pumpkin pulp I had two cans of pumpkin pie filling. I referenced my cookbook that has the exact same recipe as on the back of the pumpkin pulp for pie filling, did some simple match, and found I had to drop the sugar down to 1 3/4 cups and eliminate the cinnamon and cloves from the recipe. The filling has ginger, which isn't in this recipe. I'll know when I cut it how successful I was in making the conversion.It came out perfect using the pumpkin pie filling."
"Great recipe! All I did extra was I added 2 grated orange peels to 2 cups white sugar to 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and mixed that into the sugar mixture until throughly fragrant. I let that stand while I grated 1 cinnamon stick, 1/4 teas. Of Cardamon,1/2 teas.of fresh grated nutmeg, 2 teas. of pumpkin pie spice, 1 teas. of Organic Roasted Saigon Cinnamon which is the most incredible spice of all. I also did half baking soda and half baking powder. The batter was heavenly and as I put it in the bundt pan I sprinkled a little brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Popped it in the oven and I am waiting for it to finish baking and then I am going to add a orange glaze icing on top. Yummy!!!!! #RulatheRed"
"I would give this 10 stars. The only thing I might add next time is a caramel sauce, or maybe some kind of hard sauce."
"I was so excited about this recipe. I followed the advice of other reviewers and only used 1/4 tsp of nutmeg. I added an extra 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. It smelled fantastic while baking but I was very disappointed with the bland taste after it cooled. I even tried adding a caramel glaze that I love and the cake still was nothing special. I won't be making this again."
"Brought to meeting, there was none left and people asked for the recipe :)Like it with pumpkin pie spice blend."