Moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 slice: 122 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Moist Pumpkin Bread
"I've made many versions of pumpkin bread over the years and this one is at the top of the list. easy to assemble and really delicious. The crust was the perfect texture and the inside was moist and tender. I omitted the ground cloves simply because I'm not a fan of cloves. We ate one and the other went into the freezer. It's great with cream cheese! Will definitely make this bread again. Great for the holidays!"
"For years I've been searching for a pumpkin bread that mirrors a pumpkin I tried at a church social. The bread was so moist and flavorful, but I have yet to find anything that comes close. In my search this is probably the best pumpkin bread recipe I have found. I did add a full cup of oil and 1 1/2 cans of pumpkin. My search for the church pumpkin bread continues but I will make this again. The texture and flavor is very good and my family thought this was the best pumpkin bread they've tasted!"
"Very good. Will make it again."
"Very easy and really moist. I'm making my second batch tonight!"
"This is one of my Fall/Holiday go-to recipes. I usually double the batch, because I'm too cheap to buy the little cans of pumpkin and then make several mini loaves to give as gifts."