- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into three greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forMoist Pumpkin Bread
"For years I've been searching for a pumpkin bread that mirrors a pumpkin I tried at a church social. The bread was so moist and flavorful, but I have yet to find anything that comes close. In my search this is probably the best pumpkin bread recipe I have found. I did add a full cup of oil and 1 1/2 cans of pumpkin. My search for the church pumpkin bread continues but I will make this again. The texture and flavor is very good and my family thought this was the best pumpkin bread they've tasted!"
"Very good. Will make it again."
"Very easy and really moist. I'm making my second batch tonight!"
"This is one of my Fall/Holiday go-to recipes. I usually double the batch, because I'm too cheap to buy the little cans of pumpkin and then make several mini loaves to give as gifts."