Moist Potato Pancakes
Pass these potato pancakes around your table and compliments will follow. Arleen Osvatic, Waukesha, Wisconsin, serves her creamy, golden-brown pleasers with apple sauce.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, egg, milk, salt and pepper. Pat potatoes dry; stir into egg mixture. Add onion.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as needed. Serve with applesauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 227 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Potato Pancakes in Country Woman June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.