Moist Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
Makes4 loaves (6 servings each)
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-2/3 cups whole milk
- 6 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 7-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each meat loaf):
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In two very large bowls, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, bread, onions, carrots, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into four ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- Cover and freeze three meat loaves for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining loaf, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; spread over loaf. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- To use frozen meat loaf: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; spread over loaf. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 458 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 196mg cholesterol, 1258mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Apr 26, 2012
Jan 4, 2012
This is an awesome tasting recipe;moist,firm,perfectly seasoned and easy to make.I adjusted the recipe to make a single test loaf. Next time I'll use the full recipe and freeze the extra loaves.
Jun 26, 2011
My kids LOVE this recipe! They request it time and time again to have at home and to take back to college with them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.