- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-2/3 cups whole milk
- 6 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 7-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each meat loaf):
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In two very large bowls, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, bread, onions, carrots, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into four ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- Cover and freeze three meat loaves for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining loaf, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; spread over loaf. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- To use frozen meat loaf: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; spread over loaf. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 loaves (6 servings each).
Reviews forMoist Meat Loaves
"This is an awesome tasting recipe;moist,firm,perfectly seasoned and easy to make.I adjusted the recipe to make a single test loaf. Next time I'll use the full recipe and freeze the extra loaves."
"My kids LOVE this recipe! They request it time and time again to have at home and to take back to college with them."