Moist Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in pumpkin. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. In a small saucepan, melt the butter; add syrup and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins and walnuts. Cool to lukewarm.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with raisin mixture to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 413 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 28, 2013
I used pancake syrup, and it still turned out great. Next time I will bake it for 80 min. instead of 70-75.
Nov 27, 2011
Nov 21, 2011
This cheesecake was Delicious.....substituted real pumpkin for the can stuff!! The topping really added the Harvest touch
Sep 28, 2011
If I could give it 10 stars I would! It is a favourite at our home any time of year.
Dec 2, 2010
This is so delicious! Not sweet, but packed with flavor. Make sure you use real maple syrup. I didn't have walnuts, so used almonds and pecans instead, and it was excellent.
Oct 9, 2010
Easy to make and sooo delicious!!! This will be a definite keeper!
Nov 19, 2009
Absolutely delicious! I make it every Thanksgiving! Love the maple flavor, and the walnut-raisin topping is even better!