Moist Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in pumpkin. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. In a small saucepan, melt the butter; add syrup and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins and walnuts. Cool to lukewarm.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with raisin mixture to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 413 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 28, 2013
I used pancake syrup, and it still turned out great. Next time I will bake it for 80 min. instead of 70-75.
Nov 27, 2011
Nov 21, 2011
This cheesecake was Delicious.....substituted real pumpkin for the can stuff!! The topping really added the Harvest touch
Sep 28, 2011
If I could give it 10 stars I would! It is a favourite at our home any time of year.
Dec 2, 2010
This is so delicious! Not sweet, but packed with flavor. Make sure you use real maple syrup. I didn't have walnuts, so used almonds and pecans instead, and it was excellent.
Oct 9, 2010
Easy to make and sooo delicious!!! This will be a definite keeper!
Nov 19, 2009
Absolutely delicious! I make it every Thanksgiving! Love the maple flavor, and the walnut-raisin topping is even better!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.