Moist Lemon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 50 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over low heat for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear, turning several times.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 219 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
May 7, 2017
This chicken was amazing! I used half a broiler/fryer cut up, but the whole amount of marinade. The chicken had a mild flavor and was very moist and delicious. My husband and I really enjoyed it and we'll definitely be making this again!
Apr 26, 2013
We are low-sodium and am always on the lookout for flavorful meals within our sodium restrictions. What a wonderful combination of flavors. I marinated skinless/boneless breasts. I was going to broil them but sauteed them instead, I didn't want to heat up the house with the oven. They were delicious and OMG did my house smell good! Definitely gonna make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.