- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla on high until thick and lemon-colored, about 4 minutes. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Beat on low just until combined. Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter melts. Add to batter; beat thoroughly (the batter will be thin). Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool slightly. For frosting, blend all ingredients well; spread over warm cake. Broil about 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forMoist Lazy Daisy Cake
"Moist LAZY Daisy cake is Not in Easter Cakes !?"
"Have loved this cake since I was a girl. (I'm now 74) My Mother always frosted it with both coconut and pecans before broiling it.."
"the cake is great, but the topping a little too sweet for me. I didn't have any half and half on hand so I used butter pecan coffee creamer. It was only two tablespoons and don't know if that made the difference. I think it would be wonderful with fruit topping and ice cream"
"easy to make. Used with fresh strawberries and ice cream. Will make again!"
"I also remember this cake from my 4H cookbook. Love it."
"Made this last night and not a piece left over. Everyone had seconds and wished they had another piece yet!! easy to make same day having company. Its a keeper!"
"Has always been a favorite in my family. My grandmother and my mother and now I enjoy this cake over the years. Can't go wrong."