VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ham and turkey over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with ham loaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Moist Ham Loaf in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p7