- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Add flour; mix well. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMoist Fudgy Brownies
"I love the recipe but I must say I did alter it a bit. Instead of using 1 cup of butter I used 3/4 cup and 1 1/3 cup sugar. I used bakers 1 oz squares (5) instead of semi sweet chips. I used 3 whole eggs beaten one by one before I added them to the sugar. I forgot to add the salt but not sure what affect it has on the brownies because these are awesome!!!!! I almost forgot to mention that I added about 1/4 cup cocoa powder to the the flour mix. Yes I love chocolate. My youngest wanted brownies so bad he enjoyed to pieces before taking his nap, lol. Just love this recipe with white chocolate chips too."
"This is a great basic brownie recipe for beginners and experts alike."