Enjoy an easy take on this Southern specialty by using the convenient slow cooker. Here's an excellent side dish for Thanksgiving, Easter or any special feast. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Coarsely ground pepper and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Beat in the milk, butter, salt, cayenne and pepper until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, top with additional pepper and green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Moist Corn Spoon Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p23
Reviews forMoist Corn Spoon Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2016
"Hands down the best cornbread EVER!"
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2016
"I made this in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes and it turned out great! The cayenne gave it a nice kick!"