Moist Corn Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 197 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 9, 2017
Delicious corn bread recipe. I, too, had to cook it longer than the recipe called for. Definitely worth the wait.
Aug 11, 2016
this is so yummy. i the yogurt makes it good for you too. i added it to my make again recipe collection
Jul 29, 2012
Hands down THE best corn bread recipe. This could be a dessert!
Mar 14, 2011
Very good and very moist. Needed to cook quite a bit longer but well worth it. Will definately make again and again.