Moist Corn Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 197 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Feb 9, 2017
Delicious corn bread recipe. I, too, had to cook it longer than the recipe called for. Definitely worth the wait.
Aug 11, 2016
this is so yummy. i the yogurt makes it good for you too. i added it to my make again recipe collection
Jul 29, 2012
Hands down THE best corn bread recipe. This could be a dessert!
Mar 14, 2011
Very good and very moist. Needed to cook quite a bit longer but well worth it. Will definately make again and again.