Moist Blueberry Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the baking soda, salt and remaining flour; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt. Fold in reserved blueberries.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 276 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2011
Good flavor without being too heavy.
Mar 22, 2009
This Blueberry Pound Cake is DELICIOUS! Thank you Maxine for submitting such a wonderful, tasty and light pound cake recipe!