Modern Waldorf Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked orecchiette or small tube pasta (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced deli smoked turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, mustard and, if desired, thyme until blended. Toss apple with lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, apple, turkey, strawberries and celery. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 313 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
May 12, 2015
This was a hit with some at a church potluck. I would add more turkey, strawberries and apple and some salt when I prepare it again. I substituted sour cream for yogurt, elbow and shell macaroni for the orecchiette or small tube pasta, and chicken for the turkey.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.