A Waldorf salad inspired my pasta dish. I use smoked turkey, apples, strawberries and orecchiette. Rotisserie chicken and other fruits would also taste great. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Featured In: 37 Light Pasta Recipes with Big Flavor
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups uncooked orecchiette or small tube pasta (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced deli smoked turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, mustard and, if desired, thyme until blended. Toss apple with lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, apple, turkey, strawberries and celery. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Modern Waldorf Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p51
Reviews forModern Waldorf Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review