My Italian aunt makes homemade ravioli for special occasions. But when she has a taste for ravioli without all the fuss, this is the dish she prepares.—Marsha Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and salt; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, cheeses, eggs and oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
To quickly thaw frozen spinach, place it in a colander and rinse with warm water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly by squeezing out the water with your hands.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 472 calories, 28g fat (8g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Mock Ravioli in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.