Mock Pasta Alfredo
"If you've been yearning for pasta in a creamy sauce, indulge yourself with this recipe," advises Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups Daisy 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a blender or food processor, process cottage cheese, milk and garlic until smooth. Add flour, lemon juice, basil, mustard, pepper and salt if desired; process until well blended. Pour into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Do not boil. Serve over noodles; sprinkle with chopped tomatoes.