Mock Monte Cristos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 12 slices white bread
- 6 ounces fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 6 slices process Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups crushed crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Spread mayonnaise on six slices of bread; top each with ham, cheese and turkey. Spread mustard on remaining bread; place over turkey. In a shallow dish, combine eggs, milk, and confectioners' sugar and salt if desired. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, then into crushed cereal.
- Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes more or until golden brown. Combine sour cream and jam; serve as a dip with hot sandwiches.
Nov 15, 2019
These sandwiches are amazing! They are easy and quick to prepare, and I halved the recipe for feeding 3 people. I used raspberry jam for the dip as I had that on hand. The sandwiches look and taste scrumptious, and the dip adds a nice sweetness.