- 1 pound chunk bologna, ground
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 8 to 10 sandwich buns, split
- In a mixing bowl, combine bologna, eggs, onion and pickles. Add mayonnaise; toss lightly until combined. Cover and chill. To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each sandwich bun, if desired, and top with about 1/3 cup ham salad; replace bun tops. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forMock Ham Salad Sandwiches
"I wanted a quick and easy way to use up leftover ham and stumbled across this recipe! I diced my ham and used dill relish instead of diced sweet pickles (as I'm not a fan of sweet pickles and was didn't want to dice mini dills), and this still turned out super tasty! Will definitely think of this recipe the next time I have leftover ham on hand!"
"I don't grind the bologna; I just chop it into fine pieces. Yes, it really does taste like ham salad. My mother and grandmother, who lived through the Depression, knew all kinds of things to do with bologna besides slapping a rubbery slice between two pieces of bread. They made a similar "baloney" sandwich filling to this one, so I was delighted to find this recipe."
"Ha, cojon there are no onions in the recipe.. But if you want to add onions then just use you own brain and do what you like with your onions.. it does not matter.. If you like onions in your food then fix them the way you like. The amount should be a common scence thing. Put as many as you like in the recipe. You are the only one that knows your taste for your favorite additions to a recipe.. Use your brain... JAZZ"
"Combine onions? Whats the amount and is it diced, minced, chopped?"