- 2 quarts cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt if desired. In another mixing bowl, beat cream until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir into pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forMock Eggnog
"I used French Vanilla pudding for this. Myou family loved it!"
"This was much thinner and not as sweet as eggnog. It also did not have that distinct eggnog flavor. Not sure how to adjust the recipe."