Mock Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup fat-free salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, croutons and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Mock Caesar Salad
"Didn't care for the dressing. I would not make again."
"i thought it tasted too mayonaise and i added twice as much yogert"
"This sounds good i love caeear salad."
"Excellent recipe. I make it time and time again. It's a winner!"