Mocha Walnut Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- MOCHA FROSTING:
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over brownies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 11, 2010
Great brownies, nice and chewy and the frosting is the best.
Jun 15, 2010
Revision to my first review: Great frosting, really dry brownie. There are better mixes for chewiness. Make the frosting, but find a different recipe for the brownies
Jun 11, 2010
Really, really great brownie recipe--fantastic frosting also.