Mocha Waffles with Syrup
Great recipe for coffee lovers! And, a perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch gathering!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
Makes12 waffles (1 cup syrup)
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- MOCHA SYRUP:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and coffee mixture. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until crisp. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat maple syrup. Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; stir into syrup. Serve warm with waffles.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for 1 cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Originally published as Morning Mocha Waffles w/Mocha Syrup in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.