Mocha Truffles Recipe
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- White candy coating, optional
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese. Dissolve coffee in water; add to cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- 2. Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm, 1-2 hours.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. If desired, melt white coating and drizzle over truffles. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: Dark, white or milk chocolate confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometime labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages (1 to 1-1/2 pounds). It is the product used for dipping chocolate. A substitute for 6 ounces chocolate coating would be 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet, dark or white chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening melted together. Truffles can be frozen for several months before dipping in chocolate. Thaw in the refrigerator before dipping.
1 each: 73 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Truffles
"It is worth looking for the best ingredients possible in dark chocolate, cream cheese and instant coffee. Outstandg recipe!"
"Inning combination of chocolate and coffee! It's a keeper!"
"These are very good truffles, like the coffee flavor and chocolate are winning combinations."
"yummy husband really likes i also chopped some pecans and coconut to roll some in very good"
"Way too rich. I love chocolate of any kind but found this to be super rich."
"I made these at Christmas but ended up with a lot left over and gone to waste, people just found the coffee flavor too stong."
"Took these little guys to a Christmas party and they were a huge success. Definitely will make again."