- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating
- White candy coating, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Add cream cheese, coffee and water; mix well. Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm. Melt chocolate coating in microwave-safe bowl or double boiler. Dip balls and place on waxed paper to harden. If desired, melt white coating and drizzle over truffles. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMocha Truffles
"It is worth looking for the best ingredients possible in dark chocolate, cream cheese and instant coffee. Outstandg recipe!"
"Inning combination of chocolate and coffee! It's a keeper!"
"These are very good truffles, like the coffee flavor and chocolate are winning combinations."
"yummy husband really likes i also chopped some pecans and coconut to roll some in very good"
"Way too rich. I love chocolate of any kind but found this to be super rich."
"I made these at Christmas but ended up with a lot left over and gone to waste, people just found the coffee flavor too stong."
"I have used several different truffle recipe's and this one is by far the best. It was easy to do and tasted delicious. The only thing I did differently was cut the coffee in half."