Mocha Truffle Cups
One classic recipe I pull out every yuletide is for these dreamy creamy truffle cups. They're just so festive...and the smooth filling melts as fast as snowflakes on your tongue!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2-2/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2-2/3 cups red, green or white candy coating disks
- Red and green sprinkles, optional
- In a saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of saucepan (mixture should reach a temperature of 180°). Remove from the heat; whisk in coffee granules.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips. Stir cream mixture into melted chocolate chips until blended. Cover and refrigerate truffle filling until firm, about 2 hours.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy disks. On a baking sheet, place 30 miniature paper or foil muffin liners. With a pastry brush, brush inside of each liner with melted candy coating. Refrigerate to harden. Apply a second layer of candy coating.
- Carefully peel liner away from chocolate; discard liner. Remove filling from refrigerator; stir. If mixture is too thick, microwave at 5-10 second intervals until soft enough to pipe. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe stars or rosettes into truffle cups. Cover and refrigerate. Garnish with sprinkles just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 182 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mocha Truffle Cups in Country Woman Christmas 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.