- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 to 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 to 6 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter, egg and coffee granules. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and chips. Dissolve coffee granules in water. Add coffee and eggs to cream cheese mixture; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, in a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cheesecake. Chill leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forMocha Truffle Cheesecake
"I have made this several times and receive great compliments. I always like the chocolate and coffee together. This cheesecake is really smooth and the addition of the almond extract really gives the cheesecake a full, heavenly flavor. When I made it for my Texas friends I dusted the pan and the top with cinnamon."
"We've made this recipe several times and it's always been a HUGE hit wherever we take it. It may be made in a 9" pan, but be careful not to use all the crust recipe or it will be too thick at that size. Consider using decaf if it's going to be eaten in the evening! Though we enjoy the coffee flavor a lot, be aware that it will completely overpower the chocolate flavor if you use the larger number of tablespoons recommended for the coffee granules."
"Delicious! I've made this several times already and each time it turned out perfectly.."
"I really like cheesecake so I really look forward to making this!!!!!!"