Mocha Truffle Brownies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chips and butter. Stir until smooth; cool for 5 minutes. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar; beat on medium for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate mixture and coffee. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar, melted chocolate and coffee. Spread over brownies.
- For glaze, melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 63 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 4, 2012
These brownies are the most delicious dessert I have ever tasted! They are extremely rich, so I cut them quite small. My family devours them!
Apr 26, 2012
These brownies are excellent especially served with rasberry sherbet!
Apr 6, 2010
These brownies must be very rich if a 9" pan makes 78 servings. The pieces must be very small.