Mocha-Pecan Butter Balls
When I was a little girl, one of my mother's co-workers would bring tins of assorted Christmas cookies for my sister and me. These were the ones I reached for first.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Combine the flour, drink mix, coffee granules and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until firm. Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 172 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Mocha-Pecan Butter Balls in Best of Country Cookies