Mocha-Pecan Butter Balls
When I was a little girl, one of my mother's co-workers would bring tins of assorted Christmas cookies for my sister and me. These were the ones I reached for first.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Combine the flour, drink mix, coffee granules and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until firm. Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 172 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mocha-Pecan Butter Balls in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.