I get raves every time I serve this cake as dessert. The tartness of the orange, with a little kick of orange liqueur brings out the full flavor of the chocolate in this cheese cake. The orange marmalade mixture may be served on the side rather than on top of the cake. —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hr. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, warmed
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and lemon zest; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- Dissolve coffee granules in warm orange juice concentrate. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually add milk. Beat in the cooled chocolate, vanilla and orange juice mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of springform pan. To serve, combine orange marmalade and orange liqueur; spread over cheesecake.
Originally published as Chocolate Orange Mocha Cheese Cake in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.