Mocha Nut Bread
This rich, dark-colored loaf features the unbeatable combination of coffee and chocolate. Family and friends can't eat just one slice.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups (10 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, coffee granules, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and butter until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 292 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Mocha Nut Bread in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.