When time is of the essence, Lewy Olfson of Madison, Wisconsin mixes up this tried-and-tested mousse. The smooth blend of chocolate and mocha flavors satisfies any sweet tooth.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place a small bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice cubes; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate and coffee until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt until mixture reaches 160°, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cooled, stirring occasionally. Add cream. With a hand mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Spoon into dishes; refrigerate until serving.
Originally published as Easy Chocolate Mousse in Country Woman October/November 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.