Mocha Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Working as a teacher's aide, I don't always have a lot of time for making special treats. I found this recipe which is so simple to do. It has become a cool, refreshing indulgent pleasure.—Sandy Zimmerman, Pierre, South Dakota
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; whisk in milk and vanilla. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Add to chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold 1 cup into chocolate mixture. Set aside remaining whipped cream and six raspberries.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each of six parfait glasses. Layer each with 2 tablespoons whipped cream, 1/3 cup raspberries and 1/4 cup mousse. Garnish with remaining cream and raspberries. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 604 calories, 45g fat (28g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Mocha Mousse Parfaits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.