- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream, coffee granules, sugar and vanilla on low until coffee and sugar are dissolved. Beat on high just until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Gradually fold remaining cream mixture into cooled chocolate until well blended. Pour into pie crust. Spread with reserved cream mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMocha Mousse Pie
"The pie is terrible if you use 2 Tablespoons! I think 2 teaspoons would be much more appropriate."
"I believe there was a typographical error in this recipe. The coffee flavor severely overpowers everything else! I think the recipe meant to call for 2 teaspoons of instant coffee-- NOT 2 Tablespoons. It's also very important to allow the pie to chill for 2+ hours, before serving."