Mocha Macaroon Cookies
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- Plain or chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Stir in condensed milk, melted chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until blended. Stir in coconut. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Drizzle cookies with melted baking chips. Top with coffee beans, attaching with melted chips if necessary.
1 cookie: 87 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 24, 2015
I haven't made these - but not sure I'd want coffee granules in it. However, for those who say these cookies spread out - too thin . . . I believe you should drop the mixture, by teaspoonfuls on the parchment-lined tray, THEN PUT IN THE FRIDGE for 30 mins or so. Try baking them from a cooled state, in this manner & they should remain like the "rounded" shape they are supposed to be.
Jun 11, 2015
I haven't made these yet, but I'm very reluctant because I've never had any luck with macaroons. They always spread out paper thin when I bake them. Anyone have any suggestions as to what's going wrong and how to fix it?
Jun 9, 2015
Why would you need to bake these, I didn't think the ingredients would warrant it which could make them spread.
Jun 9, 2015
A sweet treat that's good to eat! The texture is a little different than what I'm used to, but not in a bad way at all!
Dec 31, 1969
What's missing? The cookies look more like pancakes. Won't be making these again.