Mocha Latte Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Chocolate jimmies
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- LATTE CREAM:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip rims of four parfait glasses in chocolate; sprinkle with jimmies. Let stand until set.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, egg yolks, vanilla, coffee granules and remaining chocolate chips. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Cool, stirring several times.
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in 1 tablespoon whipping cream. Add remaining cream; beat cream mixture until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold 1-1/2 cups of cream mixture into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup chocolate mousse into each parfait glass; spoon or pipe about 1/4 cup cream mixture over mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 606 calories, 50g fat (30g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 4, 2010
Easy and elegant presentation. Super decadent and rich. I only made half a recipe for two servings but next time I would even divide that amount into 4 smaller servings. I used elible silver glitter on the rims of martini glasses for a New Year's Eve dinner and it was really a dazzler!
Feb 11, 2009
This was absolutely perfect for a luncheon dessert. We served a mixed veggie salad followed by this deadly dessert! There wasn't a smidge left in each serving glass. Raves all around!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.