Mocha Latte Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Chocolate jimmies
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- LATTE CREAM:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip rims of four parfait glasses in chocolate; sprinkle with jimmies. Let stand until set.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, egg yolks, vanilla, coffee granules and remaining chocolate chips. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Cool, stirring several times.
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in 1 tablespoon whipping cream. Add remaining cream; beat cream mixture until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold 1-1/2 cups of cream mixture into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup chocolate mousse into each parfait glass; spoon or pipe about 1/4 cup cream mixture over mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 606 calories, 50g fat (30g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 4, 2010
Easy and elegant presentation. Super decadent and rich. I only made half a recipe for two servings but next time I would even divide that amount into 4 smaller servings. I used elible silver glitter on the rims of martini glasses for a New Year's Eve dinner and it was really a dazzler!
Feb 11, 2009
This was absolutely perfect for a luncheon dessert. We served a mixed veggie salad followed by this deadly dessert! There wasn't a smidge left in each serving glass. Raves all around!