VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Chocolate jimmies
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- LATTE CREAM:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip rims of four parfait glasses in chocolate; sprinkle with jimmies. Let stand until set.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, egg yolks, vanilla, coffee granules and remaining chocolate chips. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Cool, stirring several times.
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in 1 tablespoon whipping cream. Add remaining cream; beat cream mixture until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold 1-1/2 cups of cream mixture into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup chocolate mousse into each parfait glass; spoon or pipe about 1/4 cup cream mixture over mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Latte Parfaits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p53
Reviews forMocha Latte Parfaits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2010