Mocha Ice Cream Pie
"Topped with a crushed candy bar, this easy-to-assemble ice cream pie includes all of my husband's favorite flavors," shares Ruth Turner. And the Aloha, Oregon cook is sure that you'll be greeted with smiles, too when you bring her frosty treat to your table.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3 cups butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces), crushed
- In a large bowl, beat the ice cream and coffee until blended; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, chocolate syrup and sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Remove 1/4 cup; cover and refrigerate. Add remaining chocolate mixture to ice cream mixture. Pour into crust; freeze until firm.
- Pour reserved chocolate mixture over the top; swirl gently. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Just before serving, sprinkle with crushed candy bar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 378 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Mocha Ice Cream Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.