- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Dash salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour, coffee and salt. Gradually add milk and eggs; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches 160°, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Stir in the remaining in the remaining ingredients. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forMocha Ice Cream
"I was in panic mode. This is our favorite ice cream recipe and my granddaughter wanted it for her birthday. I couldn't find the magazine I had for years with the recipe. Thanks for this sight! It is the best recipe for ice cream that I have ever found. Sometimes I eliminate the cocoa and coffee, and it is still the best recipe for vanilla ice cream!!!!"
"Excellent recipe! I added sliced almonds, toffee bits and marshmallows. Yummy!"
"Excellent! It's at the same level with the recipes at www.chocolarious.com. I'll definitely make this over and over again. I guess I just have to limit my intake."
"I have been making this recipe for several years. My family requests it every July 4th. We've added in Heath bars a few times."
"where is this"