Mocha Fudge Cookies
These rich, soft cookies are convenient to make ahead, advises Berniece Wallace of Van Meter, Iowa. The dough and cookies freeze well.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 cups of chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Combine the sugars, cocoa and coffee; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in the walnuts and remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 153 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mocha Fudge Cookies in Country Discoveries Premiere 2000
Dec 5, 2009
This was a very good cookie and the recipe was easy to cut in half. I took them to a Christmas party and they were definitely a big hit. I am sure I will make them again!