Mocha Fudge Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 8 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 cups of chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Combine the sugars, cocoa and coffee; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in the walnuts and remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 153 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 5, 2009
This was a very good cookie and the recipe was easy to cut in half. I took them to a Christmas party and they were definitely a big hit. I am sure I will make them again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.