People have such fun dipping pieces of cake and fruit into this heavenly melted chocolate mixture. It's an exquisite treat to serve at wedding and baby showers or for another special gathering. I've found it to be a welcome part of any buffet. -Gloria Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups (18 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound cake (16 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- Strawberries, kiwi or other fresh fruit
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low heat, stirring constantly. Dissolve coffee in water; add to chocolate mixture with vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Serve warm, using cake pieces and fruit for dipping.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 206 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mocha Fondue in Taste of Home December/January 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.