VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, coarsely chopped, optional
- 3-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Place sandwich cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water. Add espresso mixture and cream cheese to cookie crumbs. Cover and process until smooth. Stir in coffee beans if desired.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Cream Truffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p68