If you and your sweetie could use some tasty TLC, put together this mouthwatering mousse. It satisfies a chocolate-coffee craving, and the cream cheese adds velvety richness.—Beth Allard, Belmont, New Hampshire
Recommended: 50 Swoon-Worthy Layered Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chocolate curls
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, half-and-half cream and coffee granules at 80% power for 45-60 seconds or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Add cream cheese and vanilla to cooled chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Cream Cheese Mousse in Country Woman February/March 2012, p32