Mocha Cream Cheese Mousse
If you and your sweetie could use some tasty TLC, put together this mouthwatering mousse. It satisfies a chocolate-coffee craving, and the cream cheese adds velvety richness.—Beth Allard, Belmont, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chocolate curls
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, half-and-half cream and coffee granules at 80% power for 45-60 seconds or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Add cream cheese and vanilla to cooled chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without garnishes): 771 calories, 64g fat (39g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Easy Cheesy Mocha Mousse in Country Woman February/March 2012