Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes7 batches (3-1/2 cups total), 2 servings per batch
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1-1/2 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped topping, optional
- With a rolling pin, crush coffee granules into a fine powder between sheets of waxed paper. Place in an airtight container. Add the sugar, milk powder, creamer, cocoa and salt. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year.
- To prepare cooler: In a blender, combine the ice, milk and 1/2 cup of mocha mix; cover and process on high until smooth. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 139 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 21, 2014
This drink is very good. I like that it has ingredients that are in my pantry. I also like that it tastes like something that could be store bought but I made it myself!
Jan 12, 2011
I think this drink is wonderful! I like theconvenience of the mix. This is a great drink to serve on those hot summer days, when you have unexpected guest, or when you want a delicious drink that will impress your family and friends.
Aug 27, 2010
This is a excellant alternative to Tim Hortons ice caps. I love these and now I can make them at home instead of driving to Tim Hortons
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.