Mocha Cookies Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 square (1 ounce) milk chocolate, melted
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved; cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a small mixing bowl. Add sugars, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with melted milk chocolate. Yield: 15 cookies.
1 each: 152 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Cookies
"Very disappointing. Cookies didn't spread at all, even when pressed down before baking. Taste was okay, not great, definitely not worth trying this recipe again. Also I used a TBSP scoop and it made 2 dozen cookies, not 15, FYI."
"Pretty good! They taste better the next day though. Rich & chewy."
"Delicious - I made about 30 bite sized cookies. They are very fudgy and rich - will definitely make again!"
"These are very good and fudgy. I doubled the amount of instant coffee (used instant espresso) and omitted the melted milk chocolate. I doubled the recipe (used 2 T instant espresso total) and used 1/4 cup unsalted butter and 1/4 cup light butter. I got about 38 cookies total."
"Amazing! I have to make two batches. One is not enough. I recommend using 1 packet of Starbucks Via Christmas Blend."
"Very good! Made for a party and everybody loved them, even got asked for the recipe!"
"These are yummy. All my relatives liked them and wanted the recipe!"