Mocha Cookie Pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Green colored sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough into fourths; divide each portion into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6 in. rope; twist into a pretzel shape. Place 1 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. For glaze, in a microwave, melt the semisweet chips, shortening and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to achieve a glaze consistency. Dip cookies in glaze; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set.
- 5. In a microwave, melt white chocolate over 30% power; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Decorate with green sprinkles if desired; let stand until set.
1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
hard to dip the chocolate and twist the pretzel. taste wasn't that great. would give them a C+. will not make again
Nov 27, 2010
Loved this tasty treat!
Dec 19, 2009
Had to leave the corn syrup out of the icing/glaze, it would become one big ball when mixed in.